Need Some Help With Clover

bowhunterfanatic

I planted a long narrow plot last fall with a clover mix. For some reason it never really sprouted last year. Well somewhat to my surprise I went and checked the plot last week and it's the best stand of clover I've ever seen. It's about a foot tall and really thick. Normally I just replant all of my clover in the fall but I've never had a stand like this. What do I need to do or not do to maintain it all summer and keep it looking great for the fall?

spoon

Put down 0-20-20 fertilizer spray with clethodim with crop oil and mow around end of July/ first of Aug

Boll Weevil

Take care mowing in the heat of summer or cutting it too low; just knock the tops/flowers off. I mowed this past weekend...before it starts getting too hot and dry for extended periods of time.

bbuck14

If your going to mow I would do it as soon as possible. I'd recommend mowing it now if its that tall. Just cut the tops out of it. Then I'd come back in a couple of weeks and spray with Poast Plus or something equivelent to it. Myself I probably wouldn't put the fertilizer down now with the drying season starting at anytime. I'd wait til Sept. and catch a good rain coming and spread it ahead of time. JMO

Latest posts