Need opinions

RebelMtOutdoors

Ok guys so I shot a doe at 10:00 this morning. Apparently I must have hit her a little back because she ran 50 Yrds on top of a ridge and then bedded to where I could only see her head. I sat there for a good hour and a half and decided the best thing to do was ease down the tree quietly as possible and give her time. I was able to get down the tree and out of there without jumping her up. My question is how long should I give her before I go back and look? I think it's a liver shot but not sure.

mike243

Re: Need opinions

What did you shoot her with a gun or bow. A bow you will need to wait awhile a gun id ease down try to finish

RebelMtOutdoors

That's what I wanted to do but she isn't far from property line so I don't want to jump her and her run across.

Brisco Darlin

can you get a good clear shot with a gun. if she's laying down should be able to keep her down with a well placed rifle shot.

WORM82

If you could still see her head while in your stand then shoot her in the head and don't let her suffer.

bigtex

WORM82":23b0rskx said:
If you could still see her head while in your stand then shoot her in the head and don't let her suffer.
Yep,if shes only 50 yards away and you can see her head, shoot!

RebelMtOutdoors

I went back in after her after giving her an hour. She had expired and I found her right where I left her. I didn't take the head shot because It was a good 125 yrd shot and I was using a muzzleloader. I could only see the very top of her head anyways. Considering the circumstances I feel like I did the right thing and didn't let the deer go to waste by pushing her onto other property.

Latest posts