Need a good scope

Hardwoodmaterials

Snowwolfe":3fu6quc8 said:
TNRifleman":3fu6quc8 said:
I have a Vortex Diamondback 2-7x35 rimfire that is great. Parallax is set at 50 yards.

I can't bring myself to buy another Vortex product since they moved production to China.

Just out of curiosity what brand scopes do you buy that doesn't have foreign parts and glass?

Snowwolfe

I buy pretty much Leupold and Weaver. Not concerned with foreign made parts. I just don't want to spend my money on anything built in China if I have other choices. If you do, have at it. It's your money.
If Leupold and Weaver start making their scopes in China I will stop buying them as well.

TNRifleman

Snowwolfe":1yvuvxpx said:
I buy pretty much Leupold and Weaver. Not concerned with foreign made parts. I just don't want to spend my money on anything built in China if I have other choices. If you do, have at it. It's your money.
If Leupold and Weaver start making their scopes in China I will stop buying them as well.

Weaver already does make scopes in China. Just depends on which scope you buy. Check out a Weaver Kaspa box the next time you are at the store. Clearly says Made in China. The Grand Slam is a step up and is marked as Made in Japan. You would probably be surprised at how much of the optics business is made in some foreign company. Leupold's glass has been Asian made for years. I would doubt much more than their tubes are actually made in America. In their binos, the Acadias are made in the Philippines and their Mojaves ($500 plus binos) were made in China.

Just because one model of scope from am naufacturer is made in China does not mean all of that companies scopes are made in China. Almost all Nikons are made in the Philippines. Vortex scopes are made in the Philippines (Diamondbacks and Vipers) and Japan (Razors) with the Crossfires made in China. If you pick up a Nightforce scope, it will say Made in Japan on it.

You are certainly welcome to buy only things that say "Made in America" but realize that they are likely at best assembled here and that is generally only their top of the line stuff. I personally think Leupold makes good stuff, but it is certainly not all US made product.

Snowwolfe

I don't buy Kaspa scopes. Don't care what is made in Japan or the Philippines. And I never said I only want to buy things made in America. I said I do not want to buy anything made in China if I can help it.

Hardwoodmaterials

I think the only company that is completely made in the USA is U.S. Optics but they come with a heavy price tag. As far as I know everyone else that claims to be made in the USA buys parts from China, Japan, Philippines, ect to assemble and package them here. I think it's shady for companies to do that but it seems to be a common practice. It's like buying a puzzle from China, putting it together on your kitchen table then claiming it was made in the USA.

Latest posts