Need a fishfinder

JAY B

Alright guys, you led me in the right direction on a trolling motor, and I am really enjoying this fishing stuff with my son! I am ready to purchase a fish finder for my 16' basstracker, and would like to keep it below $200! Looked at a few online, but figured I would get some non-biased reviews from you guys! So let me know what ya think about what you all use! Thanks alot!

Gone Phishin

Jay,You wanted unbiased replies,so I will not try to sell you a brand only features. You get what you pay for. With that being said don't paint yourself in a corner when it comes to price. I would save longer and get quality electronics, you will thank me later.
Color is the way to go, they are easier to see on bright days.
You dont need a dual frequency transducer either.
Get one with a mmc card slot, that way you can down load lake maps onto the card.
Split screen capability(they may all have this)is a must. That way you can see depth and contour lines.

Good luck

Cottontop

Jay I just bought a new Pro team 175 and am considering up grading the fish finder. The current one is a lowerance. I can't remember the model and am not at home to look. You can look on the tracker website. It is the ine that comes standard. If it is something you might be interested in let me know. I bought the boat new two months ago.

Latest posts