Need a coyote call

Chiflyguy

Not looking to spend a lot of cash but we have a large amount of coyotes and stray dogs running around our lease and after this last season, it's time for action.
Looking for a mouth call.
These are unpressured coyotes for now.
Any suggestions?

Omega

Anyone go the DIY route? I did, following an instructable using Radio Shack parts. But since radio shack closed down, and I wanted a bluetooth version I have been perusing youtube for some ideas. I can't find the links here at work, but this guy has one that is much more simple than the one I came up with, I'll update with some links later. The weasel ball I got from Cracker Barrel (many available elsewhere now), one day they had it running and I immediately thought of a decoy.

Madbowh

I have an electronic call for in your hand $20 at bass pro. It has rectanglecards you can change out. For me I have had the best luck with the mouse call on it shot lots of coyote with that call. Also had a owl fly right to me got close and realized what I was and took off the wind from it knocked my hat off, was a very interesting situation. I also have snares there are really easy to set up,I wouldn't use them close to spring time you could get some fawns in them. Can get a dozen snares for under 30 on Amazon that's where I got mine. If you use snares don't set them to low, watch some you tube videos and you'll have it figured out in no time

Yotehntr

Thanks for the plug guys! Chiflyguy I make higher end open reed calls with all natural materials. Every once in a while I make a closed reed call. My open reed calls start around $75 a few pics. I use antler, buffalo horn, wood and hippo tooth ivory for the tone boards.
White Oak burl and antler
IMG-7590.jpg

Green hedge and Buffalo horn this one is available
IMG-9328.gif

Latest posts