Natchez trace wma

Thegreatwhitehunter1776

I hunt the northern part of natchez trace and I wonder if they have been henned up for anyone else that hunts it. Today was the first day in a long while I heard gobbles. Every time I think I know which ridge they will roost on they, roost on a different one and won't gobble in the evening to help me find them. It's my second turkey season and I've noticed they roost on points coming off clear cuts and when they fly down they head straight for the creek bottoms because after they fly down I hear one or 2 gobbles in the creek bottoms and i dont hear a peep the rest of the day. There is turkey sign in the clear cuts and the river bottoms so I think they do their mating in the creek bottoms and than hit the clear cuts the middle of the day when I have college work to do. I used to just hunt turkey to pass the time until the fishing heats up but I'm starting to fall in love with the chess match like strategy of figuring them out and the gobbles and strutting is awesome too.

Sent from my SM-J737VPP using Tapatalk

megalomaniac

Hens need a lot of water while producing eggs. They mate everywhere, but the hens lead them to water in the mornings when it is dry. Those creek bottoms will also be a couple degrees cooler when we get some hot late spring temps. Little things like that can make a difference.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Remington700

I have only hunted there a few times. I know they kill several off it every year. When I hunted it you could tell they had pressure and did not gobble. That is on the south side anyways.