Natchez trace area Vs. Cheatham WMA

Nsghunter

I could really use some input guys. Even old fashion opinions would be great!

I had never been to cheatham and I purchased an over the counter tag. I have a tag for next week (Gun hunt, one deer either sex with antler restrictions). I had intended to go and camp while I was there but know the forecast is for some cold weather and I do not have a setup for camping in the cold weather. There are no camping areas open near the area, with electric hookups for heat. If I go, now, my plan is to sleep in the rear cab of my truck (not the most comfortable option but it will be warm) to be closer to the action.

My wife suggested today, that she and my kids might want to ride out with me. They obviously can't if I go to Cheatham but they could if I went to Natchez and hunted. They can stay in a cabin there, we would hunt together and they could hang at the cabin while I was out.

Both are about four hours drive from me. I've heard people enjoy hunting at the Trace but I haven't heard many positive reviews about Cheatham. I have never hunted either of them. I am typically a "Spoon and crock" hunter so being able to take more than one at Natchez if I go there would be nice.

Any feedback or suggestions on what you might do if you were me would be great. I would love to hear from someone who has hunted both.

ALSO, I might stay at home in East TN. and try to put boots on the ground here. The Mon. Tues. weather looks great.

Ladys man

Normally my dad, brother and I hit up the trace every year, but haven't been in couple yrs due to schedules. But if you get a cabin upgrade it. Some of the cabins dnt have tv but have some board games and actually can be really fun. We had a great time on a trivia game with no football to watch. There are definitely deer at the trace most places are thick but can be found. Never been to cheatham so no input there. But trace can be a good time. Have taken deer everytime been and one good buck.

Ladys man

Normally my dad, brother and I hit up the trace every year, but haven't been in couple yrs due to schedules. But if you get a cabin upgrade it. Some of the cabins dnt have tv but have some board games and actually can be really fun. We had a great time on a trivia game with no football to watch. There are definitely deer at the trace most places are thick but can be found. Never been to cheatham so no input there. But trace can be a good time. Have taken deer everytime been and one good buck.
Also coming from Knoxville so also on east side

TX300mag

Pressure is a little higher than normal at Natchez Trace, but that's been the case everywhere it seems-I guess COVID is the likely factor.

it's not the easiest place to hunt, but it offers good variety of terrain. I've only actually hunted there one morning , but was able to kill on

cabins are a plus and you and your family will enjoy. Three lakes close to them. Lexington is a few minutes down the road if you need anything.

No experience with Cheatham.

Latest posts