My pig

KPH

IMG_0077.jpg I have been wanting to hog hunt for years. Last week I was squirrel hunting when I seen this gal coming at me. When she was less than 20 yards I shot her the first time and it was a good hit. She keep coming the next shot was less than 10 yards and a good shot behind the ear. The last shot was point blank between the eyes, I can promise there was powder burns. She still almost ran over me and piled up a couple yards. From what I saw any of the shots would have put her down, it just took a little time. Funny thing is I never got scared and only got excited after it was over. Next if anyone ask you tomorrow if a 28 ga. #6 shot will kill one it will, but would not be my first choice.

Buzzard Breath

Need pics of the 28 gauge, or it didn't happen.

I've been wanting a nice 28 gauge o/u for a long time. Now that I'm in the position to get one that I want, I can only find the shells. Since I now know they make good hog guns, I want one even more. :D

KPH

I've been wanting a nice 28 gauge o/u for a long time. Now that I'm in the position to get one that I want, I can only find the shells. Since I now know they make good hog guns, I want one even more. :D
What I got is a Bennelli Ethos. It is about the only one that can take 3 in. shells. Fiocchi is about the only ones who makes them.

KPH

Hogs aren't as tough as people make them out to be. At least not average sized hogs. Other than a knife, most of the ones I have killed have been with a .22 or a .22mag.
You are right back in the day when I grew up on a farm. We killed our own if I remember right they where shot in the snout then cut their throat. I would take a 22 over a 28 ga oh.

oldmanelrod

2-Step Enabled

It may be to long a drive for you but Larry's on
I-565 in Huntsville/Madison, AL has had 28 ga in stock. They are open TUE thru FRI 10 AM - 6 PM and SAT 10 AM- 4 PM. They got a web site with their locations and phone numbers.

rukiddin

I love the 28 gauge and own several. My main hunting gun is a beretta A400 28 gauge and I've shot everything from doves and ducks to tundra swans and whitetails with it.

grouser

I hunt squirrels with Win. Model 42, don't think being charged by a hog will be on my bucket list. Good story!

Latest posts