My First Excalibur.....Opinions....

CoastlineAmps

I just ordered my first Excalibur and it is an Exocet 200...I could not afford anything bigger so 330FPS is good for me...I ordered it with nothing on it so I got it pretty cheap. I need opinions on this crossbow and what is a good budget red dot scope for this crossbow?

TW

My opinion is you made a good decision. You are going to love it! They are accurate and very simple to work on. I carry an extra string and the stringer and I can change strings in the woods if need be. I bought my Exocet 200 used a couple of years ago. The 200 lbs is plenty. If I was buying a new one I would't get anything heavier and I might even look at the 175 lb. models as I get older. I have the Exocet varizone scope on mine. I just like the crosshairs better than a red dot but I guess that's just personal preference. Congrats and good luck this season. Tim

CoastlineAmps

Thanks folks. I bought it stripped down so I have to buy all the accessories. I did that to try and be picky on my selection of bolts and such....As far as scopes....Which one is a good budget scope under 90.00 or so......

double browtine

Save up and get the excaliber scope. Bought an exomax with scope about four years ago used for 350 for my dad. I took his bowtech tomkat and shoot it now. I use the excal some when it gets cold out. That thing will drive tacks at 40 yards. Don't shoot at the same place twice or you will ruin your bolts. The excal carbon shafts shoot best.

HuntingandHarleys

Excellent choice, I borrowed my brothers (deerchaser007) a few years ago and killed a doe with it the first day I took it out. They are very accurate. I believe his is an Exocet.

varminthunter123

You'll need a cocking string and a de-stringer. Buy you some of their Fast Flemish Strings, you'll pickup an additional 15 to 20 feet per second. Don't bother with silencers, this thing is son fast that no deer can jump the string under 40 yards. For the best scope and price get the Hawke Optics Crossbow Scope. Less than $100 and perfectly matched to the speed of this bow at 20, 30 , 40 and 50 yards. I would look at the new cheep piece that Excalibur sells for these bows, it makes the bow more comfortable to shot. Use their bolts and broadhead, very very accurate. I have Robin Hood three already at 40 yards. This will bput an arrow completely through a deer at 40 yards and never stop, ULTRA FAST!!!!!

smokepolehall

Congrats on yer E'cet, its plenty fast enuff & easier on string center serving than the 225 models. If'en it has a peep sight it will do to kill deer out to 35 yds slicker than owl p**p!

Bucks & Beards

Mine shoots 1 1/2 in groups all day long at 30 yds with the peep site (i.e. no scope)
Smoked the first doe I shot at with it opening day at ~20 yds - she was dead in 30 seconds.

dobber

customer service for the excal is top notch as well, least from any time i needed anything and from people who i know have had to contact them.
Check out their starter kit, comes with scope, bolts and a few other things, well worth the money

smokepolehall

I invested in Excal company many yrs ago when i bought my 1st CB. I still shoot & own an Excal & doubt i ever be without one! No i don't own any stock just great service!