My first duck

44fanatic

R.I.P.
Can finally claim full credit for shooting a duck today...a Widgeon. Shot it about 10 feet up as it passed the decoys (finally figured out the lead). Relocatedduckhunter got me hooked during the early season and has given me credit for a duck I didnt kill , now I am hooked for life.

Met a couple of other hunters out there today and they invited me to hunt with them. Good conversation and new friends.

Breaking the ice today was interesting...busted the decoys loose and opened the water with a stick (and learned how to move an ice sheet), then had to use the butt of my 870 to get to my duck.

JThuntsalot

It gets in your blood, I went today and I couldn't sleep at all last night just like I do on opening mornings. Sad thing was that It was less than a week since I hunted last. 3 of us killed 3 limits today. Put a whoopin on them.

thetoolman

Went the first time in my life two weeks ago, did a lot of shooting but only ended up with 1 duck. A green wing teal, I am hooked as well. Going again for the last weekend, then got a whole lot of work and planning to do for next year. I have deer hunted all my life, but duck hunting is a different challenge. I don't think it will ever overtake deer hunting, but its definately nice being out on the water and watching ducks lock in on your decoys.

Latest posts