My first deer

ShieldsOutdoors

I grew up doing a ton of fishing and a little bird hunting. Started getting into deer hunting last year by reading a lot and tagging along with my father-in-law. I got on a lease this year. After being out for my first full day yesterday, I had this doe come out at 70 yards. I was shaking so bad I thought I had a clean miss. After a fairly long track job with the help of my father in law and his wife, we found her. I am now hooked even more than I was, and I'm very thankful for the meat. I took this whole week off, so I'm looking forward to more hunting.

Attachments

• 84147AFF-A666-41E7-8942-A064059B2BAB.jpeg
    84147AFF-A666-41E7-8942-A064059B2BAB.jpeg
    28.7 KB · Views: 1,259

Buzzard Breath

ShieldsOutdoors":1jnhma4x said:
I was shaking so bad I thought I had a clean miss.

I love these stories. It's great reading about guys who still get excited like this.

Congrats on a great deer. You're addicted for life, now. Thanks for sharing.

DaveB

Congratulations indeed!!!!!

Wait till roughly the middle of january and you cannot go deer hunting. THEN you will really understand. You'll find yourself reading trail cam reviews, asking questions like what Knife you carry? Is a 6.5 really that much better than a 7mm08? (uhhh, whats a 7mm08?)

In 40 or 50 years you will still recall shaking like a leaf.

Hitit9999

Congrats man!! Thats awesome!! And that shaking will never stop...no matter how long you hunt. Thats part of the adrenaline of the moment....AND I LOVE IT!! :super:

PalsPal

Buzzard Breath":3rsp2zn2 said:
ShieldsOutdoors":3rsp2zn2 said:
I was shaking so bad I thought I had a clean miss.

I love these stories. It's great reading about guys who still get excited like this.

Congrats on a great deer. You're addicted for life, now. Thanks for sharing.

That's what it's all about!

Congrats!

Labboy

Congrats. It is the most peaceful time you will spend. Sitting in the woods. I have been blessed to enjoy it for 42 years. And look forward to many more if the good Lord continues to allow me to.

Latest posts