My first Blackstone griddle

MUP

Wife surprised me with an early Valentine's Day gift yesterday, a 4 burner Blackstone griddle. Have you guys got some good recipes and ideas to share that I can try out on it? The guys at work have already begun telling me theirs, like chopping up a Vidalia onion and spreading it across the griddle to start cooking, then make hamburger balls and squash them flat down into the onions, while you have buns toasting on the side, to make sliders. Please share your favorite foods and ideas that you've had on the griddle. 😋

SES

I don't have any recipes, but I do have some tips. Follow the instructions to "season" the cooking surface. I recommend using grape seed oil. I have a large back porch that is covered. I learned real quick that even though my Blackstone was under cover and in the dry, it would still rust in no time. I recommend that the cook top be kept inside the house or garage when not in use. Sanding off the rust and reseasoning is a major pain in the butt.

JCDEERMAN

There's been quite a bit of chat on here recently regarding blackstone recipes. I'd do a search. I got one for Christmas and went down the rabbit hole on YouTube watching folks cook on them 😂 . A lot of ideas and fun to watch. Those smash burgers you speak of are delicious!

I agree with SES…follow the directions on cleaning and seasoning it. Keep it oiled up and you should be good

double browtine

I don't have any recipes, but I do have some tips. Follow the instructions to "season" the cooking surface. I recommend using grape seed oil. I have a large back porch that is covered. I learned real quick that even though my Blackstone was under cover and in the dry, it would still rust in no time. I recommend that the cook top be kept inside the house or garage when not in use. Sanding off the rust and reseasoning is a major pain in the butt.
I had one of the original blackstone griddles that I bought from Lowe's about 10 years ago. I went through the whole sanding with my orbital sander, pressure washing and reseasoning several times. The trick is to clean it really well with a scraper, then spray a thick coat of cooking spray or wipe it down with oil and a paper towel. Then the most important part is to lay waxed paper on it and smooth it out to get all the bubbles out. Do this after it cools off. Then when you get ready to use it again, fire it up and let it start to warm up and the wax paper will peel right off! I gave that one away to a friend and just bought a pitboss griddle that has built in covers that open and can be used as side shelves.
One no no is don't cook sauerkraut on it. The vinegar will strip the seasoning off really quick. Breakfast, smash burgers and grilled veggies and my favorites!

Latest posts