My daughter's opening morning bird

BigSatt

Well, my eldest daughter(Kelsy) didn't get to go on the juvy weekend because of her 8th grade formal, so we headed out Saturday morning. We have a friend that does NOT allow any hunting on her land whatsoever, except for my daughter, and she can only take 1 per season. Anyway, I was sitting with her in a blind while the rain was coming down, when I noticed 3 birds had entered the pasture about 350 yards away. I looked through the bino's and realized that all 3 were longbeards. "A group of 2 year olds" I told Kelsy. When the rain let up a little, I hit'em once with a few cuts and yelps. It got their attention. I layed the call down. It took them the better part of 40 minutes to work their way to us. I actually had to wake my daughter up to take the shot, as she had fallen asleep. LOL

I was hoping that the other 2 would "jump" on her bird so that I might get a shot at one of them. But, no such luck. I'm just thankful that my girl got her bird. This is her 4th longbeard in as many years. 9 1/2" beard with 3/4" spurs.

IMG_0453.jpg

Latest posts