muzzy

RAFI

thinking of trying the muzzy 125 anyone ever used muzzy ?i know a coc would be better but do you think muzzy will work?

eddie c

i've heard of several trad shooters using muzzys. the tricor tip on a muzzy has a good point on it. plus I have heard the tip can be sharpened

Phil Floyd

If I was shooting lower poundage, I would hesitate to use a non cut on contact head like the Muzzy 125. I like pass thru shots on critters and a coc head generally gives better penetration.

I shoot bows in the mid 50# range, and I like 220 grain Muzzy Phantoms with a total arrow weight of around 650+ grains.

Shoot what works for you. It is that simple.

Red4arm

I agree with Phil, the cut on contact will give better penitration. And heaver heads help too. I use heavy brass inserts 100 grain and 125 heads, Magnus stinger.

HowattHS

Slick Trick 125s on the compound (Will be changing to a heavier head when they die, if the ever do), but love the slick tricks), and 165 grain Zwicky No Mercy for the recurve. After trying a heavier broadhead this year, I will never go back to a light broadhead (anything under 140 grains IMO).