Muzzleloader success!

Hollar Hunter

Congrats! I'm glad I seen your reference in the other forum about this deer or I would've missed it as I don't really look in here! Sure be nice to have a kill thread like we use to be able to...

MUP

Hollar Hunter":m1jo5h8h said:
Congrats! I'm glad I seen your reference in the other forum about this deer or I would've missed it as I don't really look in here! Sure be nice to have a kill thread like we use to be able to...

Thanks HH! I just posted in the Ser forum kill thread. Thanks for the support! ;)

bigtex

Just now caught this post and glad I did. That is one heck of a buck!!!! Congrats on a well earned deer!!!!!

FLTENNHUNTER1

MUP":1qtlwcwg said:
The last pic shows my Dad's Old Timer Sharpfinger that I've used to dress every deer I've taken from the beginning, minus one, that I tried a new Buck knife with a gut hook on it. I went back to the old school Old Timer. :)

I had an Old Timer and lost it years ago and still am sick from it. Back when they were still made in America.

Hunter 257W

Congratulations! I bet those short moments watching him run without any strong indicators of a solid hit were agonizing! I hate when they do that. :) I can't imagine what you mountain hunters have to go through to recover a deer - especially a heavy rascal like this one. Great buck for sure.

I was going to ask if that was a Sharp Finger knife. That is one of the handiest little knives ever made. I love mine and had to hide it from my wife or she would have kept it for the kitchen.

DMD

MUP":kzdx2rw3 said:
Using the oddest, most unlikely combination in a ML, pyrodex and a 260 gr lead conical, I was able to miraculously take this buck. :) My best buck to date, 9pt, rough scored at 147".

Congrats Steve. That's a GREAT buck. This is the first time I've ever gotten on the ML part of the forum I think. That is one great buck. So happy for you. Congrats again.

Latest posts