Muzzleloader during rifle season

UTGrad

Anybody here hunt with their front loaders during rifle seasons? I have the .270 barrel for my Optima Elite, but the muzzle loading barrel is very accurate and the BH209 is good stuff. I feel like I can get out to 200 yards if needed, but most shots where I will be hunting are around 50-100 yards.

jakeway

If it's legal, 90% of the time I'll be carrying my 260 REM or my 270 WIN. I don't see enough "handicap" in the modern MLs to make it more than marginally more challenging.

Having said that, if I haven't killed anything with my Triumph ML, and I have with my centerfire, I'll probably carry the Triumph just to get some field testing of the accuracy and effectiveness of the loads.

When I lived in a Shotgun only area, I used my ML in both ML and "firearms" season.

Stalker

I do durring the second gun season some (first season there is too many big guns afield for me not to carry equal or greater fire power)...but last year I bought the new Marlin XL7 30-06 and I have been giving it some field time...took a buck with it last year and liked it alot! I will hunt with my ML every time I can if I have 150yrd or less for shooting. I too LOVE that smoke!

buckdead

i carry my ML during the last couple weeks of the season.
i like to go out mid day and put the sneak on them slick heads
on them blue bird sunny days.
i carry it when we do deer drives at the end of the season to.
nothin like smoking a couple fat does to close the season out

Latest posts