Mouth Calls

timberghost35

I need a couple new mouth calls. Broke them
Out last night and noticed my main one was starting to delaminate on the tape side. Any suggestions??

deerfever

I use a Flextone spur collector, it's a 3 reed V cut mouth call that's around 6 bucks. I have used that one for years as I bought a bunch at Walmart on clearance several years ago. Not expensive but sound just as real as any mouth call I have used over the last 30 years or so. It's probably going to depend if your a 3 reed, two reed or 4 reed guy and what cut you like as to what you should get.

megalomaniac

I'm not really sure it matters. What you say, how you say it, and when you say it matters much more than how the call sounds 95% of the time.

That being said, I prefer to use any 3 Reed call with a split (split v, combo, ghost) cut. But I also carry a 2 Reed call. Once in a while I'll hit a tom that won't commit to a 3 Reed, but goes nuts for a squeaky 2 Reed.

Usually I'll buy just about any brand of call after the season ends on closeouts if it's less than $3. The call I used 2017 thru 2020 has disintegrated, so I grabbed a Woodhaven ghost cut out of my closet for this year I bought for $2.49.

Now the actual shape of the call and how it fits the roof of your mouth CAN make all the difference in your ability to use it. Getting a good seal between the tape and your hard palate is crucial.

Stumpsitter

Sometimes during the season you'll run up on birds that don't like a raspy call , especially later in the season when a lot of the older hens are bred and on nest.
If you can find a call that has a decent high end on the front note and a little rasp on the back note of a Yelp and it will generally produce some high popping cuts and cackles. I like zink calls but I have a friend that builds most my mouth calls for me. I guess it just boils down to what the turkey likes that you're talk'n too.

Setterman

Houndstooth Tom Bomb or KB Hen.

Crap Roll Tide calls, I'd rather put a turd in my mouth that some Bammer bs. War eagle bitches

Andy S.

Crap Roll Tide calls, I'd rather put a turd in my mouth that some Bammer bs. War eagle *****es
Please put a turd in your mouth and take a pic for us. Make sure you are inside your tent with your decoy spread and side by side in the background. We all know how you like to hunt dem darn turkeys. 😆