Mouth call question?

Big J

When the reads get stuck together,does that make a difference of what the call will sound like and if so how do you keep them from sticking together?

Missme

J mine stick together everytime it dries but as soon as I head out the door to hunt I put it in my mouth so they will be unstuck by the time I get ready to call with it. The moisture in ur mouth will loosen the layers.

BIGORANGE

Yes, the reeds sticking together will cause problems. After using the call rinse it with cold water and put a couple of flat toothpicks between the reeds so they will dry and not stick together.

Harvester

I keep a couple small stainless u-shaped pieces of wire in the little plastic case the calls come in so whenever I'm changing locations or calls I can slip them in between the reeds whenever needed. If they do dry out with the wire in them I just wet them and they slide right out and i'm ready to hunt.

Setterman

Missme said:
J mine stick together everytime it dries but as soon as I head out the door to hunt I put it in my mouth so they will be unstuck by the time I get ready to call with it. The moisture in ur mouth will loosen the layers.

This does the trick, however the latex absorbs the moisture and loses alot of its tone if you hold it in your mouth too long. I generally put mine in when I get in the truck, take a drink of water, swish it around good, and put the call back in the case. That way it hasn't been soaked for hours in my mouth, thus losing the best tone the call has to offer. JMO.

Big J

Well the tooth pick thing is tuff! Man I spent the better part of 30 minutes getting tooth picks in all these dudes!! Geez!!