Mount snow pic

AT Hiker

Just mounted this deer two days ago, he is still wet and drying.

I took advantage of the high noon sun behind some clouds and a snowy ground to take a few pictures.

This is a semi sneak pose, this deers cape was beautiful. He had very few scars, red tint and was starting to get that nice fluffy winter coat we rarely see here in early November.

AT Hiker

No its a Lancaster 8500 series. The 6900 has a deeper arm pit and a large muscle bulge behind the ears other than that basically the same style pose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redhunterZ71

Looks great. Semi sneak is my favorite mount with the ears turned back a little like this one you did. Very nice

AT Hiker

SMarshall":3330xtvo said:
ok, I wasn't sure. Great looking mount though. Really good picture against the snow like that.

Thanks! Do you want to see a mounted 6900? I did a couple last year and I might have a pic. They are a cool form that gives the deer that BIG neck look people are wanting now, I personally dont like that big muscle because its not naturally but it does look pretty cool.

SMarshall

Yeah I'd like to see it, I love looking through pictures of different mounts. I had my buck mounted on a 6900 form and I really like it.

AT Hiker

SMarshall":1e9s78vw said:
Yeah I'd like to see it, I love looking through pictures of different mounts. I had my buck mounted on a 6900 form and I really like it.

Its not the best pic but the only one I could find on this computer. Notice the deep arm pits, I really like that feature on the form but a lot of hunters dont leave enough brisket and arm skin for it.

I just seen your mount on the other thread, looks good and I really like where you have it hanging with arches and all.

Tennessee Lead

I have a 6900 I had the ears turned forward on it and ain't never liked it. Always wish I had turned them back.

Sent from my iPhone that I ain't smart enough to use with tapatalker

redhunterZ71

ecfd3d42c5919173f9120cbd5747a4f3.jpg
here's a couple of my semi sneaks

AT Hiker

TN Larry":3tfpuk5c said:
Nice mount.

AT,

Do you have any wall pedestal mount pics that you know what the form was?

This is a Lancaster Wall Pedestal semi-sneak (Research Mannikins is where you order the form from). It is a subtle wall ped, gives just enough depth to make it look different but not too drastic that it sticks out like a sore thumb. Of course this is just a commercial form and custom pedestal mounts have the sky as the limit as far as styles go.

McKenzie has a line of wall peds that look good too. I dont have any pics that I can find but you could look up the catalog online.

lpo1981

Good looking mount.. I always get the 6900 series but I'm more of a ears slightly forward kind of person.. None the less awesome looking mount...

Latest posts