Motorcycle battery ?

osduck5

What kind do you all use? I have to replace my battery just about every year. I have used Yuasa and the battery that Walmart sells (can't remember the name right now). Don't seem to be a big difference in the amount of time they will hold a charge. Whats in your bike?

Hogbear

The plates in motorcycle batteries are very close together and any time you let the voltage get really low like sitting unused over the winter, there's a good chance it will short out and ruin it when you charge it back up. The best thing is to not let it get low by using a float charger over the winter or whenever you store it. Harbor Freight sells a lot of junk that I wouldn't recommend to anybody, but they do sell a great little smart float charger for $5 when it's on sale. I have a couple and use them on my motorcyle and riding mower.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/D ... mber=42292

FULLDRAWXX75

Try BatteryMart.com

I just replaced the factory battery in '01 Harley Roadking. I use a battery tender on the bike every winter or any length of time (2 weeks or more) if not riding it.

I honestly believe the tender prolongs the life of a battery dramatically.

I am going with the extreme duty "odessy" brand, sealed, high output, high reserve, military spec. 2yr replacement wty.

FDXX75

A

Anonymous

I have a 2000 Wide Glide and it still has the original battery in it..it was bought in the fall of "99.. My tech at the time told me to keep a battery tender on it and it would last 10 years easy.. and it has.. and is still going strong.. every time i get done riding it i always put the tender back on.. figured that it uses about .23 cents of electricity a day..

FULLDRAWXX75

flintlock said:
I have a 2000 Wide Glide and it still has the original battery in it..it was bought in the fall of "99.. My tech at the time told me to keep a battery tender on it and it would last 10 years easy.. and it has.. and is still going strong.. every time i get done riding it i always put the tender back on.. figured that it uses about .23 cents of electricity a day..

Bingo................we have a winner. LOL.

FDXX75

FULLDRAWXX75

A battery tender charges the battery then turns around and places a draw on the battery as if it were being used under normal conditions. It then charges and repeats continually.

A float charger charges to peak charge and shuts off, it will turn back on when the battery looses enough charge from sitting.

FDXX75

A

Anonymous

I don't think you can go wrong with the battery tender at all.. i know i really like mine..I mean 10 years with the original battery ain't nothing to sneeze at!! I have one on my wife's Harley also..She has a '05 and that has original battery in it also.. but then again it isn't even broke in yet!!

Latest posts