Morrels??

turk870

figured with these temps they would be up.but the may apples havent started comming up yet,they usualy up @same time

muzzy76

went looking for them fri in greene co- didnt find a single one, not even in the usual spots- give it a good rainy day and they should pop- next weekend should be good

shorefisherman

yep, looks like its goin to get muggy soon......
heres some tips to hunt these treats down. for me, i have my usual patch on the property. they are usually found in mix of cedar, pine thickets with good amounts of rotting leaves on the ground. they are very very hard to see when the leaves on the ground is dry, so the best time is after a thunder storm when the rotting leaves are pressed down to the ground. they will still be hard to see but if u crutch down low u will have better chance of finding them, just lock ur eye sight to cone shape object. when searching on a hill, start from the bottom and look up the hill and work your way up.
again, they are very hard to see. so take your time, i usually sit at a spot and just stare the ground for a while. and if u find one, mark it in ur head and keep searching the area, but do pick them immediately as u will have hard time finding it again if u dont.
i think most people dont find them cuz they tend to overlook not takin their time to thourghly comb the suspected area. and many are found along backroad sides.

woodchuckc

Looked at a couple of my "honey holes" this weekend, but nada yet. The may apples are just starting to poke through the leaves - I always have better luck when they are up really well. Probably be good this coming weekend!

rutnstrut2

Well I went with my boy today and found a few not up real good but did find 15 or so. My son is six and he is finding them better than I am. Hope it is another good year for them last year found a spot where I was raised a got about two bussell baskets. will let you all know if it gets any better.

shorefisherman

heres a pic

018-1.jpg

rutnstrut2

still nothing here went a week ago and oly found 12, last year buy this time I had bussell baskets of them. Anybody still finding any?

Latest posts