montgomery county

bbd12

is it just me i mean im hunting some primetime land in the montgomery county an i have yet to see a buck since juvenile im kinda lost on why the deer movement is so bad would like to hear what other hunters are seeing

WG Taxidermist

Same here! I'm in Hardin county and seeing plenty of deer but no bucks. Usually around this time I at least see some rubs behind my house but nothing.

m411b

Right down the road from ya, and I see bucks, doe, and fawn everyday! All will walk till the last few days of the season, or if a big boy walks out in front of me.

Savage

Also in Montgomery county and have really been disappointed by the lower numbers we've seen this yr. we don't know what's up.

Tims

Same thing were I hunt in Montgomery county. Seems like I have seen more spikes and 4 pointers this year than I have does. I have not seen any big boys chasing at all just the small bucks. I have no ideal what stage the rut is in or if there's going to be one this year.lol

double browtine

photobucket-21125-1353638062659.jpg

I hunt in Montgomery county. This buck is the biggest i have seen. He followed a doe in front of me. Then an hour later he had left her and a 5second pointer was running her. Took this pick the last Thursday of muzzleloader. All i have seen is every size 1.5 yr old you can think of. Does still with fawns. It is like it is a trickle rut in Montgomery county. All the big bucks have gone nocturnal for sure. Buck in pic was about the best 2.5 yr old 8 pt i have seen. Took pics and let him pass since he was smaller than the 9 i killed with a bow.

bbd12

i thought it was just me i went this morning seen 18 does momma's an yearlings together i have yet to see a chase that many does an not a buck one around seeing single does but no bucks i dont get it i have hunted my pants off. Im hunting 400 acres of farmland crrek bottoms that has produced big bucks every year an its dead nothing im just lost for words im originally from crossville,tn moved down here have been hunting down here since i was 13 an im 29 now an its slowly gotten worse over the years i hunt in woodlawn an the deer numbers seem to go down a little every year we use to see bucks chasing like crazy 5 years ago now we barely hear a gun shot hardly any scrapes just dont understand it.

TRIGGER

I'm in Montgomery. Have seen a lot of 1.5-2.5 yo bucks but nothing older. From my views on stand and videos from trail cams I believe peak breeding was around the first weekend of November. I hunt Woodlawn and southside.

high country

ScreenShot2012-11-24at74024AM.png

ScreenShot2012-11-24at74103AM.png

Compared to us mountain boys, Montgomery County is doing very, very well in the big buck category. If you think buck or deer sightings are down there, come out here and see what we have to deal with year after year...

kgt

high country said:
Compared to us mountain boys, Montgomery County is doing very, very well in the big buck category. If you think buck or deer sightings are down there, come out here and see what we have to deal with year after year...

Not to high jack, but how/where did you generate that report? I'd love to see one for Roane county.

high country

kgt said:
high country said:

Not to high jack, but how/where did you generate that report? I'd love to see one for Roane county.

Harvest Report

Latest posts