Monday morning after

Gravey

As a lifetime Vol I didn't see the game because I was hunting and no tv at camp but based on the score that was an epic beat down. But guess what…the sun came up yesterday and did so again today. The world miraculously didn't end. Some folks take things way too serious over a game. When I was in my 20's and even 30's I'd get fighting mad when UT lost a game. I'd mope around pissing and moaning about it and for what? Doesn't change the outcome. Have a group text with buddies who are fans of UT, Vandy, Clemson, Auburn, Virginia, and Michigan State and we cut up about each other's teams and nobody gets butt hurt. IT'S A GAME and nothing more. Anyway just my Monday morning observation. Hope everyone has a good week and a Happy Thanksgiving! I know I'm blessed and have lots to be thankful for.

Spurhunter

Screenshot_20221121-082823_DuckDuckGo.jpg

THEdonkey0515

I feel the same way. I was looking forward to seeing the vols get a chance in the playoffs, but when they got beat down it didn't shock me. O well life goes on didn't effect me one single bit. I got up Sunday morning, and spent the day in the woods had a blast.

I'm glad my life don't revolve around a college football team its way down the list on things I look forward to every week.

PalsPal

Spot on.

While I do enjoy when the team has success, the past few years made me realize just how inconsequential the games are in my every day life.

BUT, I do get a kick out of just how serious some people take it, and it's rival fans as well as TN fans. And, I admit that sometimes I do take pleasure in seeing what buttons I can push with them.

A positive from the loss is that now I don't have to listen to my middle daughter asking about the other potential teams in the playoff. Well why? Or How come this? Or, there's no way? Etc etc. I do feel for her, but she has to get through this on her own.

Forvols

Me 60 now and a VFL, I totally agree. I am very happy with the season close it out with a win. Get a good bowl bid take care of business there too. But if not just be competitive. Vols sitting on a 9 win season and possible end up 11-2 or 9-4. Like the 11-2 way better, but its still early for the Vols on the road back to being relevant in the NCAA football landscape. I really think overachieved this year so far but I definitely like it.

7mm08

Heck, my university had a debate team, no football!!! Lived in Knoxville for 30+ years. This town lives and dies LITERALLY over these games. I hated being on call on Saturday nights when the Vols played….. some joker would have an MI during tight games.

Chill out and have fun with it

MUP

I feel the same way. I was looking forward to seeing the vols get a chance in the playoffs, but when they got beat down it didn't shock me. O well life goes on didn't effect me one single bit. I got up Sunday morning, and spent the day in the woods had a blast.

I'm glad my life don't revolve around a college football team its way down the list on things I look forward to every week.
I like watching the games, but I love hunting. I'm in the woods first, game watching somewhere else down the list. Night games are great, no hunting at night. :)