Mojos

Mud Creek

Ok guys every time I've ever dove hunted with a mojo present it was always a HUGE advantage. From what I read about ducks seems most hunters are on the fence about them only using them on certain types of days/conditions and some flat out hate them. Are they a little too "obvious" to ducks or what is it? I always read about movement in a spread is key but seems jerk chords are more preferred over mojos.

MickThompson

Think about the context we hunt doves in- usually these birds haven't been messed with at all when we start hunting them. Ducks have been shot at for 1000 miles before they get here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TNGunsmoke

2-Step Enabled
You just have to pay attention, if they seem to be hurting, pick em up/turn em off. Some days ducks will suck right in on em, some days they'll flare.

drrxnupe

I've noticed that it depends on where the mojos are positioned. If they're too close to your blind and its cloudy, the ducks tend to notice the mojos as well as you so they flare off.

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Early season wood duck & teal I have seen them literally try to land on top of them.
We almost always use a couple with great results.

Regular duck season, I wouldn't give you a nickel for 12 of them.

Mud Creek

Pretty much what I've read about them being good on Sunny days also about wood ducks and teal. I would've figured they were great to have but they seem hit and miss at best to most hunters.

TreyB

A control is best... Just enough for the ducks to see the white spinning then turn it off.

Gravey

I hunt ducks once or twice a year with people who know what they're doing because I don't. It seems to me they either love or hate them. My limited experience from what I've seen would be having the ability to turn them off and on instead of running nonstop.

Bgoodman30

Watch birds if you're an experienced caller you know by their reaction what you're doing wrong or right. If ducks take multiple swings and leave then turn off mojos or move them. I️ think the intermittent timers and weak battery slow wing beats are flares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts