MLB playoffs

Scioto

Tribe up 1 game to none against the Sox and ahead 5-0 in the 5th as I watch. Hope for Indians v Cubs WS still intact (and a Tribe WS win!).

Glad to see the Rangers fulfilling their October purpose. Wonder if the Nats will do so again as well?

DaveB

Yep, would like to see Cleveland in the Series, that seems to be very possible.

Cubs vs (Washington or Dodgers)

Well, I must admit a general dislike for the Senators but I don't think the Dodgers can beat the Cubs and I hate the Cubs.

So I'm voting for Cleveland vs Washington in the Series.

If Cleveland fights and claws past Toronto, they will win the Series. If they coast, it'll be Washington.

I picked no obama twice, so my track record ain't so good.

Scioto

The Senators? They are now the Twins and the Rangers. In their short history, the Nats have become something of chokers in the postseason. I think the Dodgers will win game 5 because of that. Not sure who is on the mound for either team.

Indians might have the starting pitching and bullpen and timely hitting to win the ALCS (just imagine if Salazar and Carasco weren't injured, although I read that Salazar might be able to return and he threw a bullpen session the other day). Should be a great series. I think the Indians have the only manager who has won a WS (twice with the BoSox). I like the kind of baseball that Francona manages.

Cubs v Indians would be a great WS. I might be wrong, but I think the last time the Indians won a WS (1948), they beat the Cubs.

It's funny that you hate the Cubs. Here in middle TN, there are Cubs fans everywhere. I'm sure many are of the bandwagon variety, but the others must either be transplants or the power of WGN. Seems to be way more Cubs fans than Braves, Reds, or Cardinals combined, but could be that bandwagon parked out back.

Hozzie

There are a lot of transplants here, but I think WGN is a big reason as well. It was the main nationally televised games for the longest time and I think many people grew up watching the Cubs. I am headed up for game 2 of the NLCS. If it is the late game, it will be a long day as we plan to also catch a Bad News Bears game at noon.

DaveB

Well, I think Toronto had their Series with the sweep of Texas. Cleveland is up 2-0 but this best of 7 so I will keep my fingers crossed.

The Senators poke was aimed at Washington fans who have to be in intensive care. I mean, when Kershaw walked out, I knew it was over, such a reminder of Hershiser. I lived in Los Angeles in the 1980's and watching Orel pitch was worth the miserable traffic.

Now the Dodgers and the Cubs...split so far....wondering if Madden would allow Arrieta or Lester to go short rest? Bullpen????? For sure, If the Cubs can get into the Dodger Bullpen they have a good chance of playing for all the marbles. Can the Dodger rotation step up and will the Cub's rotation live up? Maddon is supposed to be some kind of great manager but lets play the Game.

BATTER UP!!!!!

Scioto

Rangers or Senators, er Nationals, which is the bigger postseason choker?

Cubs better start hitting the ball.

I think in 1997, the last time the Indians made the WS, Hershiser was pitching for them at the end of his career. Different team then. Big bats and average at best pitching. Now more small ball for the Indians, good starting pitching, outstanding bullpen.

Scioto

And the Indians win 4-2. Up 3-0. Masterful use of the bullpen by Francona after Bauer has to leave in first inning with a finger gushing blood. Believeland? Who knows. We'll see.

DaveB

That finger injury was certainly impressive. I thought the drones all had plastic blades but I guess some of them are made of better stuff than the helicopter in my closet. It flew one time before it crashed and became a paperweight.

Toronto rolled over Texas in such a huge fashion I am wondering if they thought Cleveland was gonna pass out from just seeing them roll into town? 3 Runs in 3 Games is not going to get it done for the Canada Boys.

Could be over for Toronto this afternoon. Francona wants it that way for sure, he needs some extra time to get ready for Dodgers. I think the Cubs are not going to get any more miracle pinch hit home runs.

DaveB

Statistically it is too late for the Blue Jays to get going. Down 3 zip only 5 teams in MLB History have come back.

The NLCS is interesting in that the Cubs should be killing them and they aren't. This may go just 5 games.

Pederson's third base steal up 5-0 in bottom of 8th was a flatout smack in the Cubs nose.

Going to be a good game this evening.

Scioto

And the Tribe wins! 4 games to 1. 3-0 shut out. Rookie pitcher with 11 MLB innings to his credit before today gives them 5+ and the nasty bullpen took over from there.

DaveB

Dodgers are sure missing Greinke.

I'm thinking I woulda pulled the kid after 3 innings.

The Cubs keep up that hitting the Series will be boring.

Scioto

Indians now have 6 days to rest the bullpen. Six more days for Bauer's finger to heal (if he stops playing with drones). Salazar is back throwing and might be available out of the bullpen, but highly unlikely to start. That would be a big help if he can go out of the bullpen. I doubt they can get away with a 3 man rotation and will likely have to pitch the kid game 4 or 5 (depending on how games 1-3 go and whether Francona feels he has to throw Kluber on 3 days rest.) Against the BoSox and Jays, Francona seemed to make all the right moves. Hopefully, he can continue doing so.

Big bats don't win the World Series (just ask the 1995 Indians (vs. Braves pitching) and 1997 Indians). Pitching, defense, and usually some unsung hero wins. Tribe's got the mojo going I think and they have home field advantage.

Latest posts