Mixed Bag

Levee Jumper

I was really doubting the Redear doing their thing with the water temps at 62-63 but had my parents in town wanting to catch some fish. Knowing what a bear it would be trying to catch a bunch of crappie in 20-25' of water with pleasure boaters on the lake and the dreaded "Livescope Tutorial" we embarked. We fished for 5-6 hours and did better than expected. Male crappie are still guarding the bed/fry and the Redear and bream thinking about starting/staging.

Attachments

• IMG_2046.jpeg
    IMG_2046.jpeg
    246 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_7238.jpeg
    IMG_7238.jpeg
    237.7 KB · Views: 168

Levee Jumper

You are the man! That's a heck of a day this early.
Thanks!

Generally on this lake the water willow starts to top out before the first phase of Redear rolls in but this spring has been a little ahead of normal. Next weekend should
be prime with the full moon but it doesn't look like the water is going to warm any.

Any day on the water with family is a blessing we should all slow down and enjoy!

Spurhunter

Thanks!

Generally on this lake the water willow starts to top out before the first phase of Redear rolls in but this spring has been a little ahead of normal. Next weekend should
be prime with the full moon but it doesn't look like the water is going to warm any.

Any day on the water with family is a blessing we should all slow down and enjoy!
I was trying to figure out where you were because I think from your previous posts that we have fished and hunted some of the same places, but you threw me off with pleasure boaters. Wherever it is, it's a honey hole!

Levee Jumper

My my my those are some good ones
I was trying to figure out where you were because I think from your previous posts that we have fished and hunted some of the same places, but you threw me off with pleasure boaters. Wherever it is, it's a honey hole!
I'm a bit of a nomad when it comes to fishing and hunting lol. I'm not scared to drive but I'm not paying for a lease out of principle. I do have a March trip to Grenada/Sardis itch to scratch though….

Spurhunter

I was planning on a Prespawn 3lb female next year on Grenada in March. Any of those to be found in May (minus the pre spawn)?
You can definitely catch a 3 pounder anytime at Grenada. I have the same goal. I've never caught a 3. I'm going to hit Grenada some this year. Let me know if you decide to make a trip. I might have some intel.

Latest posts