Missing my old buddy…..

redblood

His name was Silo. Came up as 3.5 yr old with no fear. Saw him daily. Tame as a dog. In the video below, i actually was hunting from the ground and had to move because he wanted to work the scrape. He would watch my som play basketball in front of the house. It was taxing trying to keep him safe. He died to boy who shot him a mile away from a combine. He was 4.5 in video and 5.5 when he died. Hunting the same spot this video was shot (opening day 2018). Got me thinking about him. I wouldnt have shot him if i was starving, but i would lived to be able to track him to really advanced ages. Oh well, ride high old friend….

Attachments

• IMG_6195.MOV
    30.1 MB

redblood

Heres one of my favorite pics of him. He surprised me bad this afternoon. Heard him coming and didnt see him. Look up and there he is at 15 yards. I talked to him awhile then i get up and walk just to left and go down the hill. He just watched and licked his nose, then went back to his business

Attachments

• FFD43BAE-49F6-43CB-B3F1-0756DF35C497.png
    FFD43BAE-49F6-43CB-B3F1-0756DF35C497.png
    465.8 KB · Views: 137

redblood

Heres one of my favorite pics of him. He surprised me bad this afternoon. Heard him coming and didnt see him. Look up and there he is at 15 yards. I talked to him awhile then i get up and walk just to left and go down the hill. He just watched and licked his nose, then went back to his business
He showed up as 3.5 with no fear. He didnt summer on us.he showed up in mid September and stayed till mid January. And then went 1.5 miles away to summer

redblood

I watched a documentary where a guy had befriended a mule deer, and once it accepted him as non-threatening, all the other deer mostly ignored him. He literally made friends with the deer. They were all wild deer and were still afraid of hunters, but not of him.
This guy wasnt afraid of anyone.it was odd

Latest posts