Missing euro mount

venator36

Good morning awesome new found community! It was recommended that I join and post about a missing euro mount that I had done this last week in middle TN from Vaughts deer processing in bon aqua TN. I posted it on instagram yesterday and someone that is in the group said you all might be able to help. I'll first start by saying I know that doing it myself is the best way however I love that apartment life and do not have the space for the items required to do one nor the tools to clean or boil it. I plan on taking straight to a taxidermist from here on out. Now, with that out of the way I only hunt public here in middle TN so if you do to then you understand the pride one takes on harvesting s decent buck. They told me they must have given it to someone else or that someone must have grabbed the wrong one. It has a broken brow. They told me they would try to find it but I know the chances are slim to none. I'm hoping you all could just keep this post in the back of your mind, if you see pics of it on any social media or in someone's rig or something, just let me know. I look forward to being part of this community as I didn't even know it existed had it not been for this other member.

Attachments

• CC1B082D-060A-4827-A642-6BCDB4A52B30.jpeg
    CC1B082D-060A-4827-A642-6BCDB4A52B30.jpeg
    657.5 KB · Views: 70

venator36

Welcome from Middle TN... Congratulations on your buck. Sorry to read the story about your missing euro skull mount....Hope you get it back.
Thanks. Yea it's a first for me. I'll make sure it's the last though. No more trusting high volume processors for this guy. I know it's a good service to offer but it's not worth it imo.

DoubleRidge

Thanks. Yea it's a first for me. I'll make sure it's the last though. No more trusting high volume processors for this guy. I know it's a good service to offer but it's not worth it imo.
Do they have a board there you could post a picture of your buck on? Along with a description of what happened...maybe someone knows something? Or if it was an honest mix up maybe someone will see the posted pic and do the right thing....good luck...hope it works out.

venator36

Do they have a board there you could post a picture of your buck on? Along with a description of what happened...maybe someone knows something? Or if it was an honest mix up maybe someone will see the posted pic and do the right thing....good luck...hope it works out.
They had a freezer door, that they put a post it on. I think it was more for them and not for customers lol. Thanks. That's a great idea.

DoubleRidge

They had a freezer door, that they put a post it on. I think it was more for them and not for customers lol. Thanks. That's a great idea.
One possible senario that might make sense is someone was picking up a deer for someone else? And they were handed the wrong skull... maybe...if that is the case maybe the recipient will come back wanting his skull and not someone else's....like you said...it's a long shot but possible.

venator36

One possible senario that might make sense is someone was picking up a deer for someone else? And they were handed the wrong skull... maybe...if that is the case maybe the recipient will come back wanting his skull and not someone else's....like you said...it's a long shot but possible.
Yea that's the the likely scenario. Or one of their folks that works there of the many that do removed the metal tag off the antlers before it got to its turn, or they handed my deer to someone else that shot a smaller one. All possible scenarios but yea it's not likely.

slabhead

Welcome...I hope you get it back...in the future my son does euro mounts. He's in Lewis County but I meet people in Columbia for drop off and pick up. He does a lot for people in the area.