minnow traps

catman529

Not sure never heard of those but I've had good luck w the cheap plastic jar traps from academy, I think it's by magic bait, comes with minnow bait that is like crack to the minnows.

Craddock1

never saw one. I made several last year for neighborhood kids. Just cut the tp off a 2 liter and reversed it and stapled enough to hold but space to open to remove minnows. drilled a few holes and put enough weight in them to hold them down. worked well.

JSPAL270

I use the ones from Walmart.. I just bait with a dough ball or dry dog food. Both work well but it is hard to keep people from stealing them

dh1984

JSPAL270 said:
I use the ones from Walmart.. I just bait with a dough ball or dry dog food. Both work well but it is hard to keep people from stealing them

Same here i just can't keep someone from stealing them. and when i find them gone i yell loud and say why don't you go to walmart and get your damn own LOL.

hankll

Last year, I bought a steel double end mesh trap at a yard sale for $2, but I haven't used it....And now our local bait shop closed so I might be giving it a try out to avoid driving 12 miles to the next bait shop for our lake.

On average how long does it take to get some bait minnows to come to it? I could go throw some jigs after I dropped it at a shallow area and wished I could drop it near a likely boat dock and then come back for it.

Latest posts