Minn kota/Humminbird owners tournament on pickwick lake

ZachMarkus

Anyone fishing it? 557 entries last I heard. Ledges will be packed. I went down there and practiced yesterday, caught a bunch of fish but nothing over 3lbs. Boats everywhere especially to be a Wednesday.

TNReb

What is it? Gotta have Humminbird or Minn Kota equipment to fish it?

Good luck!

ZachMarkus

What is it? Gotta have Humminbird or Minn Kota equipment to fish it?

Good luck!
Yes. You have to have a Humminbird or Minn Kota product on your boat to fish it. My Ultrex makes me eligible to fish.

Little bit different format, hourly weigh ins from 7am-2pm they 10 places each hour for the biggest bass weighed in. Biggest bass overall of the 2 day tournament takes home $50,000.

ZachMarkus

Gotta remember Pickwick is 50 miles long. I'd be below Wilson as soon as I could get there to catch a quick limit. Spend rest of day looking for a few kickers
That's where I'd be any other tournament but this is a different style tournament. Hourly weigh ins from 7am-2pm and the only weigh in site is at pickwick landing state park on the other end of the lake. Can't justify making that run more than one time in one day.

TNReb

Sounds fun. I've got a Helix 12 on my boat.. but we had a club tournament today. I weighed in one fish for 2.06lbs. grrrr...

How did you do today?

ZachMarkus

Sounds fun. I've got a Helix 12 on my boat.. but we had a club tournament today. I weighed in one fish for 2.06lbs. grrrr...

How did you do today?
First day I lost a 6+ first thing, caught several fish but struggled to get a big bite. 2nd day I switched it up and ended up having a pretty good day, caught a ton of fish and weighed in a 4.31 smallmouth and a 3.41 smallmouth. I made a little money with that bigger one. My buddy's little brother caught a 7.41 largemouth the 2nd day and ended up winning big bass of the event, took home $50,000.

West_Tn

We fished it, it was a fun event, but man was it crowed. Had a really big one break off, and had a big one follow a glide bait out from under a dock but never commit. Other than that we didn't have much luck but caught several smaller fish.

Looking forward to it next year. Kind of hope they do it earlier in the year though instead of ledge time. I love ledge fishing, but you put that many boats on the water it's tough.

West_Tn

I saw the Skeeter Owner's tournament on Lake Fork had 1,700 entrants last week. 😲
Haha yea I saw that too. That's insane I can't even imagine. Believe the Minn Kota/Humminbrid tourament here ended up having over 800.

Latest posts