Mid TN poult report

catman529

I've finally started to see and hear about some poult sightings for my area. Seems like another great hatch here this year in middle TN. It's a mystery to me why some areas with comparable habitat don't have good poult recruitment. We have more coyotes, raccoons, bobcats, hawks and owls than you can shake a stick at here. We also have a crap ton of turkey hunters, especially on public land, so we need these good hatches every year and I'm glad they're still doing well. I understand wet and flooded areas have crap hatches, but there's also many places that have everything in favor of the turkeys, yet the hens aren't raising enough young. Just glad to see they're doing fine around my parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

poorhunter

2-Step Enabled
I haven't seen to many hens with poults this year yet. Those that do have poults have had 5-8 which is higher than usual. Hopefully I'll start seeing more as summer goes along. Haven't seen more than 10% of hens with any poults in years here in Hickman.

Os2 Outdoors

Few here lol
a2d8827059612724a1c2caf2c6332fb0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Gravey

In the process of buying a new house in southern Rutherford and was out there Monday for the inspection and saw a hen with a bunch of poults less than a mile down the road. Next door neighbor of the house I just sold in northern Rutherford county has been seeing some in their yard.

Latest posts