Memphis Covington Pike ATV trails?

BlackBelt

Got the day off monday and I was thinking about riding the ATV trails at Covington Pike in Memphis.
Anyone know anything about them?
I've heard it's not safe to park in the regular parking lot because vehicles get broken into...

BlackBelt

I've heard that regular riders there know of other places to safely park around the trails.
Anyone got any insider info?
Thanks!!!

Big Gun

Last time I rode there, several guys were parked on the side of Garden Ridge over by the Summer drive-in. They unloaded and backed their trailers right up to the wall. You can jump the curb and go in behind the drive-in.

coltsfan

Great trails there. I have parked in the main parking area a few times, mostly when it was fairly busy - lot of people around. Made sure I had everything secured. May be just luck, but I didn't have any problems.

Artemas

I live a couple of minutes from there and it is a regular for me. park at the start of the trails at covington pike but put your ramps under the truck tire. never had any problems. police have been monitoring that place because of illegal dumping. great trails

CoastieHunter

I live in Southaven and have hit it up a couple times. Never went under the overpass to get to the "meat and potatoes" of the trails so I missed a lot really. But the other side where you park I personally think sucked donkey dong....

REASON: Guys take these huge lifted trucks with 44's on them and rut the place out like crazy. Well not sure of exact measurements but a 44" tire compared to a atv is putting the tire about handlebar level. I don't have a snorkle NOR do i plan on getting one.

Maybe I'll try the other side next time. I prefer trail riding with some very technical obsticals -vs- balls out mud holes.

And yes, the cops have been cracking down a little bit. Illegal dumping and it's actually tresspassing. BUT i've also heard, seen cops say "Just be respectful, and I'll see you next weekend when I come with my kids to ride"

BlackBelt

I did hear that that the police have been busy over there. A couple of weeks ago they pulled out a couple of dozen stolen and burned out cars.
I'd still like to go over there and ride, though. Just don't want to have my windows on my truck broken out while I'm out on the trail.