Members new boat

Specializedjon

watching

Jono Lance Nail Biting GIF by Worcester Warriors

X-Tennessean

Well it is in my shop now so I can officially say it is mine!
2001 Ranger 520DVX with a Yamaha 225 Vmax at 304 hours.
Been tossing the idea if I wanted to go glass or not as all I have ever had was aluminum. With todays crazy market there was no way I was paying what prices are. After a lot of research, following the crappie trail anglers and speaking with several folks, I was told more than 3 times (lol) to look for a 2000-2005 Ranger with the VX hull as they were the best built and handled the water better than any hull. After two dealers said the same and suggested them over trying to find me a good used in the brand they sold I started my search!
Can't count the number I looked at or inquired about with prices being all over the place and every condition imaginable, this is the cleanest 2001 model I have seen. I caught this one just as the young man posted it on FB. He is military and getting deployed again and decided to quit dragging it wherever he ends up (originally from California). He was actually the second owner and bought while in Cali but then got deployed and stationed in Hawahii. Sat in his garage for 4 years while he was gone then moved to Andalusia Alabama and had it delivered to him to which he is being restationed.
I was a bit skeptical at first (as he was) but he sent me 10 videos and multiple phone calls, I could tell he was legit and he had the same impression of me. He met halfway in Birmingham and we made the deal!!
Now the fun begins getting it rigged :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221101-192629_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20221101-192629_Messenger.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 142

bluball

Well it is in my shop now so I can officially say it is mine!
2001 Ranger 520DVX with a Yamaha 225 Vmax at 304 hours.
Been tossing the idea if I wanted to go glass or not as all I have ever had was aluminum. With todays crazy market there was no way I was paying what prices are. After a lot of research, following the crappie trail anglers and speaking with several folks, I was told more than 3 times (lol) to look for a 2000-2005 Ranger with the VX hull as they were the best built and handled the water better than any hull. After two dealers said the same and suggested them over trying to find me a good used in the brand they sold I started my search!
Can't count the number I looked at or inquired about with prices being all over the place and every condition imaginable, this is the cleanest 2001 model I have seen. I caught this one just as the young man posted it on FB. He is military and getting deployed again and decided to quit dragging it wherever he ends up (originally from California). He was actually the second owner and bought while in Cali but then got deployed and stationed in Hawahii. Sat in his garage for 4 years while he was gone then moved to Andalusia Alabama and had it delivered to him to which he is being restationed.
I was a bit skeptical at first (as he was) but he sent me 10 videos and multiple phone calls, I could tell he was legit and he had the same impression of me. He met halfway in Birmingham and we made the deal!!
Now the fun begins getting it rigged :)
Congrats buddy,nice boat

Latest posts