Mathews Heli-m and whisker biscuit?

Great White Stalker

I was told that the Heli-m and whisker biscuit are not compatible. This is a turn off to me as I just started shooting a whisker biscuit last year and like it. I'm looking to upgrade to a new bow and really liked the way the Heli'm felt. (Bow at pro shop was pre set up with a drop away rest.) Can anybody tell me if they have shot the Heli'm with a whisker biscuit with success? Thanks.

Radar

I don't know of a bow that can't be set up with a Whisker Biscuit .Some pro shops may turn up their nose at the thought of putting one on a high end rig , but I have never had an issue with one on any bow .

Mr.Bro

I have never set up a bow that diddnt like the biscuit.

If the biscuit was a $300 rest more guys with top end bows would like em. :grin:

TNDeerGuy

Mr.Bro said:
If the biscuit was a $300 rest more guys with top end bows would like em. :grin:

hmmmmm....I seriously doubt that. :)

As far as the thread question, I believe you have someone that is trying to pull one over on you for one reason or another...I have yet to see, or hear of a Heli-m that is incompatible with the Biscuit, or any other bow for that matter and I have setup and tuned several Heli-m's with Biscuits and no problem. I personally think a containment drop-away is the much better choice, but the Biscuit is a rest that has served many with quality results.

horn master

I shoot the biscuit on my Z7 extreme. I can't see that putting one on the Helium would be any different. However the guy at the bow shop tried pretty hard to sale me a drop away but I refused. Hard to beat the biscuit for a hunting rest.

stik

horn master said:
I shoot the biscuit on my Z7 extreme. I can't see that putting one on the Helium would be any different. However the guy at the bow shop tried pretty hard to sale me a drop away but I refused. Hard to beat the biscuit for a hunting rest.

i prefer the drop-away.

SES

UTGrad said:
The biscuit is an excellent rest but prolonged shooting and practice the biscuit wrinkles my fletching.
All you have to do to straighten them out is turn a stove eye on medium and wave the fletched end of the arrow a few inches above the eye until they straighten out.

Radar

Blazers work well in a biscuit , With no wrinkled or torn fletching issues . However I shoot full containment drop away rests on most of my rigs now . I think your pro shop wanted to sell you a drop away rest . Use what works for you . Buy a bare bow and set it up yourself with the accessories of your choice .

Great White Stalker

I think Im going to end up getting the z7 in the classifieds and putting my biscuit on it. I just like the simplicity of it. If I had more time to play with them I would probably just go to a recurve. Until then.

Latest posts