Marlin 1894 loading gate

cecil30-30

Was shooting my marlin 1894 44 mag today and noticed the loading gate is real loose or floppy. Almost acts like it is going to fall out. Anyone with any info? Or recommend a gunsmith in the knoxville/oakridge or crossville area.

Carlos

I'm pretty sure it's held in place by a small screw on the opposite side of the frame. Try tightening that, but not too much.
Good luck with it!

PS- Use care when doing this, make sure the flat-blade screw driver you use fits properly so you don't make tool marks. I can't stand tool marks on my guns.

mike243

Also pretty sure its on the same side as the gate, my 3030 is over at my sons house so cant pick it up and look

Carlos

Get it fixed and buy yourself a quality rifle, those are good for kids to carry on Juvenile, and not much more IMO.

They're really short, triggers are pretty bad, plenty of other reasons why I don't care for them.

cecil30-30

Get it fixed and buy yourself a quality rifle, those are good for kids to carry on Juvenile, and not much more IMO.

They're really short, triggers are pretty bad, plenty of other reasons why I don't care for them.
Now now. Im going to pretend that you didn't say that. Lol those 240gr bullets are hard on whitetail. 😆

Carlos

Now now. Im going to pretend that you didn't say that. Lol those 240gr bullets are hard on whitetail. 😆
I gotcha. My last one was a 45-70 and I should have kept it, I guess, but I traded it for a Ruger 556.
It was new, only shot to sight-in scope. I'd planned on using it for hogs but the short stock just doesn't fit me.

I wonder how the 44mag round compares to the 45-70 anyways?

Latest posts