Mark Richt predictions

gator-n-buck

Vermin93":o2c0i1ml said:
Seems to me like the situation is becoming similar to Fulmer's end at Tennessee.

Will Richt be the head coach at Georgia next season? What do you think?

Yes. he will probably still win 7-8 games and get a pass with Chubbs going down.

Vermin93

Seems to me like a program such as Georgia should be in a position to carry on with the loss of one running back, even if he is the starter. Are they that lean on offensive talent?

Deerbuster1996

I think he is gone. Ever since Chubb was injured all the offensive stats have dropped a lot. Losing 1 player shouldn't hurt your team that bad even if it is your key player.

Bigswede3423

No way GA should be as bad as they are. I think they will give him another year to pull it out from where the program is now.

Scioto

He's a good man, but has probably reached the end of the line. Look at Ohio State last year or Florida and Notre Dame this year. Doesn't appear to be a "next man up" culture at UGA. The OC Shottenheimer needs to go. The predictable, bad play calling and inability to coach up the QBs is very evident (again in contrast to other leading programs).

PalsPal

Bigswede3423":1wtgkoyb said:
I think they will give him another year to pull it out from where the program is now.

They will, regardless of what happens the rest of the season. The only way he leaves would be on his own, but with the stud QB coming in next year, he probably feels like he can turn it around.

He really is Skinny Fulmer, and their careers are so similar. However, contrary to Fulmer's final years, he is still getting highly ranked recruiting classes.

farmin68

AndyW":3o48nteh said:
If Georgia fires Richt, they've lost their minds.

I agree. Thing is UGA has some mindless idiots that have way too much influence on the Georgia program. .

The state is loaded with talent. Head coach at UGA should be one of the top 5 jobs in the country.

PalsPal

farmin68":cvtaiz2t said:
The state is loaded with talent. Head coach at UGA should be one of the top 5 jobs in the country.

"Should" being the operative word. There is no excuse for them not to have accomplished more over the years.

TreyB

Bruce FeldmanVerified account‏@BruceFeldmanCFB
Hearing that #UGA power brokers & big dogs now asking questions/talking about potentially moving on--unlike ever before in Mark Richt era.

Tennessee Lead

Georgia is dumb if they fire him. All they've got to do is take a look at the painful rebuild that Tennessee has had.
Georgia doesn't want a part of that

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps

TreyB

Tennessee Lead":1v2c94oj said:
Georgia is dumb if they fire him. All they've got to do is take a look at the painful rebuild that Tennessee has had.

Sent from the barrel of a model 70 at 3300 fps

UGA would have to find the right fit. Lane wasn't the right fit and DD sure the heck wasn't. The right coach could have UGA a powerhouse.

PalsPal

Tennessee Lead":26zivncp said:

GA recruiting is much easier, and they have talent on the roster. Richt has just squandered it.

There is no comparison to where UGA is and where TN was when Fulmer was released. UGA could get just about any of the new up and comer coaches to jump at the opportunity.

Talk has been Kirby Smart, but with his never been a head coach, many may look him as Muschamp 2.0.

TeamMainStreet

Gruden has no interest in UGA. First of all, he don't own any land there. Not only that but he doesn't even own a red tie. :rotf:

Latest posts