Making a wingbone call...

peytoncreekhunter

Followed Catman's DIY video to make the wingbone call. I cut the big end a tad short but it's still squeaking. It's just pieced together at this point. I'll epoxy it and wrap the joints in thread tomorrow or Saturday.

Boiling, cleaned and pieced together.

IMG_20220505_172638.jpg
IMG_20220505_194846.jpg
IMG_20220505_204612.jpg

fairchaser

That's a good start! Make sure the openings are clear when you epoxy it before it dries. Everything from there is just decoration but can really enhance the look.

Derek

I've found that the hardest part of making a wingbone call is getting that webbing out of the big end.
I stumbled on an easy way. A Dremel with a drywall bit. Super easy!

m_allison71

2-Step Enabled
Looks good. I made my first one before Catman was a YouTube sensation and haven't seen his tutorial, so I don't know if this tip is shown. When gluing the pieces together wrap the end with cotton as you brush the epoxy on. It helps fill the gaps and can be smoothed out after it drys.

No slight against you Catman. I remember when you joined and were telling your stories about learning tennessee's public land.

Carlos

Looks good. I made my first one before Catman was a YouTube sensation and haven't seen his tutorial, so I don't know if this tip is shown. When gluing the pieces together wrap the end with cotton as you brush the epoxy on. It helps fill the gaps and can be smoothed out after it drys.

No slight against you Catman. I remember when you joined and were telling your stories about learning tennessee's public land.
I'm pretty sure CM was around 10 years old when he got started.

Latest posts