Lucky Lure

Chickencoop96

To add to @RUGER 's post, What's your go to lure that you always have tied on because it tends to catch fish no matter where you go? For me, its always gonna be a Texas rigged brush hog. I never hit the water without that thing tied on. I've even caught trout with it LMAO

Tennrock

e.JPG

I've caught bass, redeye, brim, trout, skipjack, catfish, bofin, crappie, drum & stripe with a gold or silver spoon.

TheLBLman

If you just want to catch bass, nothing beats live smaller fish to catch live bigger bass.

Otherwise, on a year-round basis, just to catch bass, my vote would be for a plastic worm.

But I don't enjoy fishing as much with anything other than top-water.
Much of my top-water is with weedless frogs, in large part because nothing else will work as well without hanging up on moss, weeds, lily pads, etc. Where there's less to hang up, I like buzz baits, sometimes including top-water lures like a Whopper Plopper, but rarely use any lures with treble hooks.

Dbllunger

A 7" Cotten Cordell Redfin in Smoky Joe color. This particular one was used for one day only. Hooked a solid 20-25 lber (rockfish) and my buddy very stupidly reached down to lift up the fish with his bare hands. One of the hooks on the back treble hook buried in his forearm while the front treble was still buried in the fish's mouth. I clipped the line, removed the hook from the fishes mouth while it thrashed all over the place and then we promptly left and I hauled him back to my dental office in M'boro and hit him with some lidocaine in the arm and removed the hook and hung it on some antlers mounted in my office. At some point I removed the front hooks because I needed them for another lure but left the rear in place. He knew better as he is the man that taught me how to catch those rockfish.
20220316_135716.jpg

Headhunter

I have a Dalton Special, I believe it was Bass Oreno color. I caught so many bass on it it eventually became a piece of wood with hooks and prop. Myself and my buddies called it the no paint lure. There was a couple years, if I asked one of the handful of guys if they wanted to make a friendly bet, they would say only if I did not use the no paint lure. I caught so many bass on it and good ones. I finally retired it and it hangs in the mouth of a bass I caught when I was 13 years old. I literally wore the paint off of it catching bass and after the paint wore off, I swear I caught more and better bass when it was a '"stick of wood". I purchased several of them, but none caught bass like that one did.

Latest posts