LSU and Ed Orgeron

tnanh

They saved 1 million. Amazing how teams that haven't won a NC in 23 years hate and exaggerate on those that have won many and talk about lack of class after this past Saturday. Geaux Tiggas and dont hate on The Tide. They both have saved the SEC and made other members a LOT of money.

PillsburyDoughboy

How long does a Natty guarantee job security?
I don't know that it does guarantee you a job. I know in the case of Jerry Jones and the NFL he fired his coaches for winning superbowls. I guess his coaches since have shown him. Not gonna win anymore superbowls. That will show him. LOL

Its just nice to know some teams show some respect to those coaches that earned them a Natty.

BamaProud

I like coach O. When LSU hired him for a Gazillion dollars, the joke was that he would have probably taken the job for a bowl of Gumbo. I'm not sure if he is a top 10 caliber coach, but I like his passion for the sport. He surely wouldn't fit in anywhere else but Louisiana. I hope he "retires" with his million$ from his buy out and takes a local high school or Jr College HC Job and enjoys his remaining years.

PillsburyDoughboy

I like coach O. When LSU hired him for a Gazillion dollars, the joke was that he would have probably taken the job for a bowl of Gumbo. I'm not sure if he is a top 10 caliber coach, but I like his passion for the sport. He surely wouldn't fit in anywhere else but Louisiana. I hope he "retires" with his million$ from his buy out and takes a local high school or Jr College HC Job and enjoys his remaining years.
I just read where he plans on taking some time off. He said something to the effect he is 60 years old and has enough money to buy a hamburger ID he wants one.

tnanh

He really wasnt fired. They had a mutual agreement for him to take 16.5 million to resign. Sounds pretty classy to me from the schools side.

PalsPal

Of course not but they didn't just send him packing. From what I understand, they had "cause" and didn't want to put him or the program through any more dirt.

That's something that isn't getting enough attention, and explains why they have handled it the way they did.

tnanh

So, hush money?
Call it what you want. Most of the problems were in Eds personal life annd away from the field. They sidnt hire an attorney to screw a coach so they wouldnt have to pay him.
I remember a recent SEC team that did and it will probably cost them.🙂 what they did to their coach was classless and had a huge effect on their hiring a new coach.

cbhunter

Call it what you want. Most of the problems were in Eds personal life annd away from the field. They sidnt hire an attorney to screw a coach so they wouldnt have to pay him.
I remember a recent SEC team that did and it will probably cost them.🙂 what they did to their coach was classless and had a huge effect on their hiring a new coach.
Classless for firing that douche?? 😂😂

We got the right coach…. Not saying we are going to win championships but headed in the right direction? Abso freakin lutely 😘

Latest posts