Lost one this morning

fairchaser

We all have to accept that possibility as hunters. We try to minimize it for our sake and that of the animal. We don't want it to suffer. But invariably if we hunt enough it will. We try to take what lessons we can and then move on and become better for it. Sorry for your loss. I've been there too!

WilcoKen

Same thing happened to me last year. Flopping left front leg, deer's front end plowing through the ground as he ran off. Hardly any blood. Never did find him. I can relate.

Shag

I feel for you. I've been there too. As other have said, you shoot enough of them, eventually Murphy will come to play. Good luck.

DoubleRidge

Any way you can search on the other side of couchville pike? Or is that area off limits? Was the buck slightly quartering away? How far was he when you shot?

mike243

Hate you lost it but it does happen and folks are quick to blame bullets, too many tv hunters proclaim a high shoulder shot is the best, I disagree and always try for heart and lungs and avoid heavy bone, yep tracking happens , shot a 3pt last Sunday with a powerbelt 295g , fell in its tracks. Never lost 1 with a PB but rarely shoot a smoker these days , I decided to go older school and it still works . you may never loose another but I quit any hunting with a arrow or bolt and no more lost deer or tracking .

Latest posts