Looks like its working

landman

last Aug. this hillside was in hardwood timber with only a woods road down it, 6-7 acres clear cut, track hoe popped stumps, dozer
moved laps, limed & fertilizer, sown & rolled in.

It was designed for to put food on this side of farm, year round food, suck deer in and slow them down as they moved across, super hilltop view, and some hunting. Its 300 & 500 yards from 2 killing plots, with heavy select cuts around them for bedding, we have seen 20-30 deer at a time on it with twice that many birds.
I'm a Imperial Whitetail Clover guy, have some 6 years old, I know others don't think its worth the money, but it is to me.

MFDC0535_zps767cf9e4.jpg

rem270

Great pic and congrats on the success of the plots.

We put plots in this yr and im getting twice as many pics ( had 2200 in 6 days when i checked yesterday). Its definately worth the time, money and sweat.

landman

Hunter 257W said:
I don't see how you can get that many big bucks to step out in the open in daylight. Must be lots of cover nearby to make them feel secure.

I try to keep it very low pressure, even during the off season, we still have trespassers/poachers, lost good 2yr buck last year to one, we found buck, even knew tree he was hunting, so did GW's, it happenes

Very Very blessed to own this place,

7wsm

landman said:
last Aug. this hillside was in hardwood timber with only a woods road down it, 6-7 acres clear cut, track hoe popped stumps, dozer
moved laps, limed & fertilizer, sown & rolled in.

It was designed for to put food on this side of farm, year round food, suck deer in and slow them down as they moved across, super hilltop view, and some hunting. Its 300 & 500 yards from 2 killing plots, with heavy select cuts around them for bedding, we have seen 20-30 deer at a time on it with twice that many birds.
I'm a Imperial Whitetail Clover guy, have some 6 years old, I know others don't think its worth the money, but it is to me.

MFDC0535_zps767cf9e4.jpg
just in case you clear some more you can take that trachhoe dig stumps up turn them upside down and put back in the same hole they can out of gets rid of stump and saves you from filling the hole back in and burning/burring them.great looking job and great looking group of bucks though.nice job and good luck hunting there.

Headhunter

Had a place last year that the bucks were coming out in beans like that a couple hours before dark, this was in Middle Tennessee. It was awesome getting to watch them. This year it is planted in corn and can't see anything. It hasn't been cut. There was a super bachelor group of a dozen or bucks we were seeing. The guy hunting the land beside it said he got a trail cam pic with all of them in it, I never got to see it though.

MattR

Cool pic and story.Is that a turkey on the right hand side? One of the deers head is kind of blocking him.

Edit: wes beat me to it

Wes Parrish said:
Pretty pic. Did you notice the two Tom turkeys in with the deer?

Looks to be at least three, and possibly four toms.
Note the tom on right has "two" heads!

Latest posts