Looking for a new fish cooker

slabhead

I've been using the old style propane fish cooker forever...thinking about going to an electric of some sort. Normally just cook enough fish for 2-4 people so not looking for a hugh/expensive cooker. Any recommendations?

1688056961072.png

Southpaw

This one is hard to beat.it has two separate heating elements. I can cook fries or hush puppies at the same time as the fish! But you can also only use one side if that is all you need.

Attachments

• 0E367882-D29F-4758-932C-B99F0B4607DC.png
    0E367882-D29F-4758-932C-B99F0B4607DC.png
    189.7 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:

Spurhunter

One thing about the frydaddy (at least every one I've been around) the heating element is on the outside on the bottom, so everything that falls to the bottom can burn affecting flavor or cause fluctuations in temperature if you're cooking batch after batch. You may not even notice. I still use my frydaddy a lot. However, someone gave me a Euro-Pro deep fryer. It has the heating elements an inch or so off the bottom. I like it a lot better. No idea where it was purchased. I really like the looks of the one Southpaw posted. I may have to try one of those.

Mud Creek

I saw a deal a few years ago on an electric turkey fryer, think it will fry birds up to 20#. Bought it simply because it was on sale and never regretted it. I have the bass pro propane fish fryer, and a big propane turkey fryer, but this electric one gets used a lot. Big batches of chicken, fish, sides, and if you don't want to fry in it, it can double and be used for a seafood boil also. It is big, and we have an area for it so something smaller might be more ideal but if you're going to use it a lot and/or feeding more than a couple you might look into them.