Looking at a new duck/goose gun...any

downthebrown

I haven't heard good things about the new 1187's. Haven't heard much on the Versa Max though. If it was my money and was set on an auto, it would be one of the B guns. Just my 2 cents.

tn_duckman

I havent heard many good things about the 1187s either.. Versamax they seem ok but i would go with a benelli or a browning if i was buying a new one

ClubHead

Ive shot Super X2's for years and got an X3 about 4 years ago.Like all autos keep them clean and keep bangin.Great guns and can break it down and clean it in a few minutes.Guns are like Vehicles,everyone has an opinion.

rem270

I got a Stoeger m3500. Bought it new last january and hadnt shot it a whole lot. You can get a black synthetic for 574 on budsgunsshop.com

I had considered selling mine because im not into duck hunting like i thought i would be.

pathfindr92

My suggestion is go try out the fit on a few at the gun store. Take your duck coat with you. No point in buying a SBE2 or an Xtrema that doesn't fit.

I don't like Brownings at all; they don't fit me well. Benellis and Remingtons fit me well, so I would buy one of those. You may be the exact opposite. Before spending $800+ its something to seriously consider.

Were I to buy any gun on the market now for ducks, it'd be the 3" Benelli Vinci. They're funny-looking, but nothing out there fits and points as well for me, and they've been proven reliable.

Coach

I went to Cabelas yesterday to try some out for fit and feel like pathfindr said in his post. Basically, they were pretty much out of shotguns and there were 50 people waiting to get waited on. I'm going to hit the mom and pop shops this week. My son has a Remington 1187 and it feels pretty good but not perfect.

Latest posts