Lonnie Sneed Hot Hen

REN

Anyone played with one of his slate calls? Just looking for some feed back

Proverbs 3:5
"Trust in the lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding"

Sent from my phone because I'm that cool

jbird

I have the Hot Hen and the Outlaw Hen and they are both good calls. They don't look fancy but they are well worth the money. He is a super nice man to talk with also.

Andy S.

I've got his Hot Hen Slate and Green Glass. They both sound pretty darn good TO ME (something unique about them that I cannot put my finger on), and I would not be afraid to hunt with them. As others have said, the looks and craftsmanship leave a little to be desired, but all in all, both would be a solid pot for hunting, in my opinion. The last I checked, his pots were $25-30 range and the phone call alone to talk turkey with him and listen to him run his pots are worth that.

If I might add, Mr. Lonnie Sneed Sr. is one of the nicest gentlemen (he's 75 years young or thereabouts) that was ever put on this earth. From our conversations on the phone, he reminds me of my grandad, just a salt of the earth kind of guy. I do not know him personally (wish I did), but I sincerely believe he is about as good of a person as one will ever meet. If nothing more, give him a call and talk turkey with him (allow 10-15 minutes minimum), you just may bite like the rest of us did. :)

Few other opinions of him and his calls.

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php?topic=24795.0

http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php?topic=43055.0

Andy S.

In all seriousness, I have not run a slate I'd put above my Dawkins "plastic" slate, which most here know. I have not ran them all, but I have ran many over the last 5 years and Darrin's calls ended "my pursuit" for perfection. YMMV

String Music

Andy S.":3iv4dgtb said:
In all seriousness, I have not run a slate I'd put above my Dawkins "plastic" slate, which most here know. I have not ran them all, but I have ran many over the last 5 years and Darrin's calls ended "my pursuit" for perfection. YMMV

Would you stop already?! I can't handle the temptation to buy another pot I don't need...

Adam Jackson

I love the way his calls sound. I personally find myself using my mouth call more often than my pots. Though my goal this year is to take a turkey with each call. And I second Andy's statements. Lonnie is one swell guy from what I have gathered talking to him in purchasing a couple of his pots.

REN

Oh yeah I use mouth calls 90% of the time but I like a good slate for soft calling. Busted my holleran last year so just looking g for something different

Proverbs 3:5
"Trust in the lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding"

Sent from my phone because I'm that cool

Latest posts