Lone Wolf Hardware

Weegee

I have been working on swapping out all the hardware on my Lone Wolf setup. I ended up placing 2 orders from them because I didn't realize I was missing some of the pieces. Even after doing 2 orders there were a couple bolts that hadn't been replaced. So I just got some grade 8 stuff from my local hardware store. The only hang up is that they didn't have grade 8 nylon insert nuts. So as a temporary replacement I got lock washers and regular nuts (both grade 8). Any reason that wouldn't work just as well or should I order some grade 8 stop nuts?

Grnwing

For what it cost, I would order or pick up the nylon nuts for piece of mind. 20 feet up is not a time to cut corners. JMHO

Omega

I have been working on swapping out all the hardware on my Lone Wolf setup. I ended up placing 2 orders from them because I didn't realize I was missing some of the pieces. Even after doing 2 orders there were a couple bolts that hadn't been replaced. So I just got some grade 8 stuff from my local hardware store. The only hang up is that they didn't have grade 8 nylon insert nuts. So as a temporary replacement I got lock washers and regular nuts (both grade 8). Any reason that wouldn't work just as well or should I order some grade 8 stop nuts?
If that is all you can get, use some Loctite to keep them from loosening and coming off. The grade for the nuts, washers etc., is unimportant, no stress on them.

Edit: unless they are in vertical use, where the force is down towards the nut, then yes get grade 8.

Weegee

If that is all you can get, use some Loctite to keep them from loosening and coming off. The grade for the nuts, washers etc., is unimportant, no stress on them.

Edit: unless they are in vertical use, where the force is down towards the nut, then yes get grade 8.
I wondered about that. A dozen 1/4" grade 8 nylon insert nuts was like $3, so, I got them a while back.

Latest posts