Loaded up on bait

catman529

Should last me a while. Went to bass pro and threw my wallet in the fire, uh I mean I got a vacuum sealer, and will freeze the bait in portions for some winter blues

E7027286-664F-4169-B0EE-3E0BFE07BCD6.jpeg

73F390C6-0549-4FEC-BF7B-177282489234.jpeg

philsanchez76

Yeah I also threw my wallet in that fire yesterday grabbing some turkey loads. Seemed worth it though as I wasn't too sure when id see those again on the shelf. Good luck fishing.

Pilchard

Can we talk for a minute about how silly it is that people refer to these as Tennessee Tarpon? I mean, I get it, jaw structure is similar.... But the person who came up with this must have never experienced a tarpon leaping from the water. Not to mention, you cut these things up and use them for CATFISH bait.... I would put a circle hook through their nose and use them as a live bait for tarpon but to offer them any comparison to the greatest gamefish in the world.... NO WAY.

Okay, I'm done :)

catman529

Can we talk for a minute about how silly it is that people refer to these as Tennessee Tarpon? I mean, I get it, jaw structure is similar.... But the person who came up with this must have never experienced a tarpon leaping from the water. Not to mention, you cut these things up and use them for CATFISH bait.... I would put a circle hook through their nose and use them as a live bait for tarpon but to offer them any comparison to the greatest gamefish in the world.... NO WAY.

They look like mini tarpon and I bet they'd fight just as hard if they grew as big. The only other Tennessee tarpon is a grass carp. 😂

sll

Are you in Florida? If so, does the Pensacola area have a good population of them most of the time or are they very seasonal there?

Pilchard

Are you in Florida? If so, does the Pensacola area have a good population of them most of the time or are they very seasonal there?
I relocated from Florida to Brentwood a couple years ago.

There isn't a place along the Florida coast that doesn't have a fishable tarpon population at some point during the year. The folks that are good tarpon fisherman in the panhandle can catch them from June up until the first cold front in October. South, where I lived, I would catch them 12 months out of the year however most people believed it was a May-July fishery. The key is finding water warmer than 72 degrees.

sll

I got family in Pensacola and was contemplating going down maybe this year. Always wanted to catch a Tarpon.

cowhunter71

Coming from a fellow Floridian, one that has hooked and "jumped off" several Tarpon, as well as these Skipjacks, they are every bit as acrabatic;)