Livewell Drain

ripmyfly

New to me boat. Pretty sure the drain plug in bottom of livewell is leaking around the outside. The rubber is almost gone and plastic is brittle. Any idea proper name of this piece and where to locate? Would love to replace the overflow one as well. Thanks!

Attachments

• 20201229_133622.jpg
    20201229_133622.jpg
    9.8 MB · Views: 94

Pilchard

Do you have access to the underside of your well? If so, it's a very quick job unless your boat manufacturer wasn't kind enough to use a little extra hose.

I've had ones where the decking had to be removed. Others where I had to detach the console and some that were near the bulge could be accessed through the bilge.

In a buddy's boat we cut through the side of a storage compartment to access and then did some rough glass work to fix the hole.

ripmyfly

There isn't any hose hooked to this drain. The livewell sits on top of hull and this connects the two. At least i think so. All the ones I see on TH have a hose connector on one end. Maybe I just cut that off. Ill try and get better pics tomorrow. Thanks guys!

Pilchard

Wait, what?... lol

so this is an external well that sits on top of your deck? Where does the water go when you pull the drain plug?

It looks to me like there is a black hose in the center of that fitting? If that's the case, perhaps someone jimmy rigged a fitting that attaches the well to the deck with the hose coming up through the middle... it appears to be cut off flush with the top of the fitting.

Last edited:

ripmyfly

Lol. If the live well if full and you plug it goes straight out bottom......if its
On a trailer. There isn't a hose. It's just a fitting. I can stick my finger through to the bottom of boat.

MickThompson

Lol. If the live well if full and you plug it goes straight out bottom......if its
On a trailer. There isn't a hose. It's just a fitting. I can stick my finger through to the bottom of boat.
Cut a piece of pvc for a stand pipe instead of using a plug. That way you can circulate water by just flipping a switch.

By the way you're looking for a through-hull fitting.

Latest posts