Little better today

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Decided to try to catch some bream and trout at Martin this morning since it's way too windy to be on the water.
Never found any bream but I did catch a limit of trout and one bass.
Little bass tortilla for lunch lol

19CA4752-ECD4-45F1-A64E-4CF34610C30C.jpeg

RUGER

2-Step Enabled
Bass are great to eat.
I ate some back right after I started cleaning and eating fish on a regular basis (actually not that many years ago) and they were horrible.
Never tried them again till last year. My best friend said he wanted to try one. I told him they sucked but I would cook some.
They were a LOT better than I remembered.
Then it dawned on me, the ones I had tried came out of a small pond and the latest ones out of a large lake.
Made a world of difference.

Still prefer bream above all though :D (Unless I am on the bank of the White River) LOL

WTM

I ate some back right after I started cleaning and eating fish on a regular basis (actually not that many years ago) and they were horrible.
Never tried them again till last year. My best friend said he wanted to try one. I told him they sucked but I would cook some.
They were a LOT better than I remembered.
Then it dawned on me, the ones I had tried came out of a small pond and the latest ones out of a large lake.
Made a world of difference.

Still prefer bream above all though :D (Unless I am on the bank of the White River) LOL
if you ever catch some spots, keep em and eat them. you wont be sorry. sweet and no fishy taste. kinda like bluegill.

Displaced_Vol

if you ever catch some spots, keep em and eat them. you wont be sorry. sweet and no fishy taste. kinda like bluegill.
Absolutely. Guy brought some to a dove hunt a couple years ago and fried them up. They were top notch and way better than the handful of largemouth I remember eating over the years.

WTM

Absolutely. Guy brought some to a dove hunt a couple years ago and fried them up. They were top notch and way better than the handful of largemouth I remember eating over the years.
yep mid ky lake is almost over run with them and i keep my limit of them when i can.

fishing crappie stake beds and rip rap rock with bitsy jig will catch the fire out of them. easy to catch this time of year.