Lithium batteries

bluball

Already have the big 125ah ionic battery and really like it.So i finally got me some trolling motor batteries and a new charger,ionic charger and 3 50ah trolling batteries.A guy thats been fishing crappie tournaments for probally 20yrs helped me decide from his experience with the ionic 50ah setup.Will post a review in a few months once i get some time on the water using them,cant wait yo get them installed.Bought them in camden,tn at performance fishing electronics,anyone looking for boat electronics danny can fix you up.
20220606-182525.jpg
20220606-182544.jpg

bluball

How much for the setup including charger?
Give danny rogers at performance fishing electronics a call for best price(731-441-8965).I did a bunch of trading with him to get my setup,work at a metal shop and i make him some battery trays for the ionic batteries.Heres a pic of a battery in the trays i make for him,make a few different sizes also.
IMG-1392.jpg

FLTENNHUNTER1

I have a 2021 G3 1910 with 3 battery setup (Interstate). I have no issues at all with the current setup, they last 8 plus hours on the trolling motor constantly at 30% speed or less 95% of the time. I was just curious once it is time to replace the current setup if is worth the money switching to lithium. It is my understanding the weight reduction is substantial...I'm wondering if the reduction will reduce gas consumption enough to eventually somewhat offset the cost of the batteries.

Spurhunter

I was just curious once it is time to replace the current setup if is worth the money switching to lithium. It is my understanding the weight reduction is substantial...I'm wondering if the reduction will reduce gas consumption enough to eventually somewhat offset the cost of the batteries.
As expensive as the batteries are, I would say it would take a long, long time for fuel savings to cut into the cost. I went to lithium for two reasons: #1) drop some weight and add a little speed and #2) size. One of my lead acid trolling batteries died and I had to remove my gas tank to get it out. The lithiums are so small I can easily put them in and out. I dropped 98 pounds going to 2 lithium trolling batteries verses 2 lead acid.

WTM

I have a 2021 G3 1910 with 3 battery setup (Interstate). I have no issues at all with the current setup, they last 8 plus hours on the trolling motor constantly at 30% speed or less 95% of the time. I was just curious once it is time to replace the current setup if is worth the money switching to lithium. It is my understanding the weight reduction is substantial...I'm wondering if the reduction will reduce gas consumption enough to eventually somewhat offset the cost of the batteries.
not on fuel savings but if you fish every day youd probably recoup or break even, maybe, from battery replacements. the real advantage in lifepoe batteries is the increased discharge cyles before failure and quick re-charge time.

bluball

The ionics have a 11yr warranty and the 50ah are 16.5lbs a piece.My everstarts are 62lbs a piece 136 lbs lighter with the lithiums.Ionics only use grade a cells,no maint. never have to check water level,charge faster,blue tooth can see much use with a app on your phone.Dont think the 50ah would be big enough for a serious troller,pulling jigs and crankbaits though.Guy that made me decide to get the 50ah livescoped bigsandy in the recent crappieusa tourny on friday at bigsandy and still had 40% left on his batteries at the end of the tournament.

bluball

The 50ah show $399 a piece retail

Hduke86

I'm not a serious tourney fisherman by no means and I can't get out on the water everyday but I wished I could. I have a limited space xpress 16'. I went back and forth on what setup I wanted to do. I have a 24v ulterra ipilot and in the end I went with a single 24v 100 amp hr battery. It has its pros and cons about the setup. On the pros side of thing is… one battery to try and store somewhere, less wiring to deal with or run, PLENTY OF JUICE AND RUNTIME.
Cons…it's a dedicated battery being a 24v so I can only use it for my Ulterra, it has to have a dedicated charger of its own since it 24v, and if it dies (which I hope is no time soon) then I'm just SOL until I can get it replaced cause with at least 12v batteries they are easier to come by or pair with another to get you by for the day or so. I've never ran it all the way down even in the heavy currents below the dam but then again I'm not in a heavy boat and the spotlock adjusts power to keep me where I need to be. Bite the bullet once and I don't think you'll regret it. These things charge INSANELY fast

Latest posts