Sold/Expired Lincoln 225 welder

agelessssone

Just a note about the welder.
Looks like it's AC welding only.
AC is tough to weld with unless you are pretty experienced.
I made my living as a pipefitter welder for forty years.
We never used AC machines, only DC.
The exception was when we welded aluminum. Then you need an AC machine with a high frequency machine and heliarc torches, argon tanks and guages.
Good luck welding with the AC machine

Chippy

Just a note about the welder.
Looks like it's AC welding only.
AC is tough to weld with unless you are pretty experienced.
I made my living as a pipefitter welder for forty years.
We never used AC machines, only DC.
The exception was when we welded aluminum. Then you need an AC machine with a high frequency machine and heliarc torches, argon tanks and guages.
Good luck welding with the AC machine
I'm a pipefitter too, I'd say @Specializedjon wont be able to tell the difference with his skill level haha!

woodyard

That's got dinosaurs s*** on it. Old news

Apparently I'm buyin a welder that even a 40 yr pipe fitter thinks is difficult.

Oh, story of my life. Get'r done
I think you will be fine with it. You are most likely not going to be doing any commercial jobs and if you need to learn how to, what would be better than one of the old standards. There has been a lot of them sold to do-it-yourselfers for the last how many decades. I repaired a lot of farm equipment with one over the years. Started with one just like this and it went along with three other welders in the 2015 shop fire.I forgot that I have some welding rods and other to throw in with it.

Specializedjon

I think you will be fine with it. You are most likely not going to be doing any commercial jobs and if you need to learn how to, what would be better than one of the old standards. There has been a lot of them sold to do-it-yourselfers for the last how many decades. I repaired a lot of farm equipment with one over the years. Started with one just like this and it went along with three other welders in the 2015 shop fire.I forgot that I have some welding rods and other to throw in with it.
I'm lookin forward to it. I'm not gonna be doing any serious welding, just repairs like you said. Appreciate the good deal. See ya Tuesday

backyardtndeer

Taught myself with an older Lincoln ac/dc welder. Welder was here when we bought the farm in the early 90's, and it was very used then. No books, no internet, just trial and error.

With all that's out there on the internet these days, should be easier to learn.

Spurhunter

Apparently I'm buyin a welder that even a 40 yr pipe fitter thinks is difficult.
Is DC better? Of course. Can you weld with an AC machine? Of course. Get the right rods, clean your metal up good, get some practice, and pretty soon you'll be like me. I can weld a Richard on a snowman.

Specializedjon

I've been watching some YouTube videos. I'm pretty much an expert welder now 😂

If you need anything welded, I'll be starting a welding shop by Friday at the latest. We're going to offer taxidermy, welding, gun training, shoe repair, check cashing and teriyaki bowls 😂

Chinese Food Zhong Guo Cai GIF

Latest posts